key bushings

Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:58:06 +0100

I must echo the view of Ssssssssssn and Frrrrrrrrrred here.

Do not underestimate the power of the force Luke... Practice pianos are
important, perhaps more for how they play and feel then their sound.
After 4 years as a university tech now I am finding that practice pianos
are best off playing heavy, and a bit over voiced, and all actions
concerns in as good a condition as possible.

Keep your students happy, they talk to the proffs... and makes it easier
to keep them happy as well. I also agree that being a CAUT means a
certain amount of extra time done for the greater good as it were. I
look around and see that most of the teachers, proffs, and
administration folks are putting in all kinds of hours they arent
strictly being paid for. Not that you should neglect to keep em on their
toes mind you... it does no good to let yourself get exploited
unduely... but a well played "extra time" card is a nice asset

RicB