Guidelines/workload formula

vem@email.byu.edu vem@email.byu.edu
Fri Feb 1 14:56 MST 2002

Question for you Wim:
How can the numbers be accurate in your situation, i.e. 1.1 techs for your
university's situation, when it's going to take you two years to get "caught
up" (dream on)?  Sounds to me like the formula is not working for your
situation.
vince

- The formula, as it is utilized, and as far as I am concerned, works. But I
- want to include that I am new at the job here, and I took over a hoouse full
- of pianos, that were, if not neglected, at least not maintained to the
- standards of a major university. Right now I am busy. I could put in twice as
- many hours, and still not get done with everything that has to be done. But
- in about 2 years, according the a schedule I have devised for myself, I
- should be caught up getting all the pianos up to a standard I think is
- acceptable. That is what I have been spending my time doing. Perhaps in 2
- years, I will find that I doing less repair works, and more preventive
- maintenance, and my time will be less demanding. But for now, I am keeping
- busy, and keeping up with day to day tuning and trouble shooting, while doing
- major action overhauls in my "spare time."
-
- Again, I want to stress that the formula you and the committee have come up
- with is very accurate and should useful when trying to convince the "powers
- that be" to hire the proper number of techs for their departments.
-
- Wim