Kawai worth

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue Mar 26 10:25 MST 2002

Greetings,
    I have just been asked to evaluate (for donation to a State University) a
Kawi KG-2E. The piano has never been played, not a scratch on it, not a
string mark on the hammers.  It is 10 years old and may as well be a new
piano,(though the bass windings are not as bright as brand new copper).  It
does need to be regualated and tuned.
    Anybody care to throw out what the fair market value of this piano might
be?  I don't know that the model is still made, so I don't think I can get a
direct comparison. The dealer, of course, wants the figure to be as high as
possible, (he mentioned $20,000) the IRS wants it to be as factual as
possible (makes me think more like $12,000 tops).
   ???
Thanks,
Ed Foote RPT