Pianotech list

James Ellis claviers@onemain.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:10:33 -0500

A week or so ago, I sent a memo to the PTG-L list regarding a technical
problem.  I was informed by one individual that I was out of order, and
that it should have been sent to the Pianotech list.  I agreed, and signed
up for Pianotech, and for CAUT as well.

Since that time, I have kept a log of the number of messages that have come
through.  During the past 48 hours, I have received 18 from CAUT, and 160
from Pianotech.  A little bit of really good stuff has come through on both
lists, but a lot of other material, especially on Pianotech, had nothing to
do with technical piano matters at all.  One item was a group of JPEG
images that my computer could not read, that jammed it with at least 100
pages of pure jibberish that took forever to download, and that caused the
computer to jam when I went to shut down my E-mail.  I ended up having to
pull the plug to un-jamm it.  I do have JPEG on the computer, but perhaps
it's an older version that would not read what was coming through.

Anyway, I can't put up with this, so I am un-subscribing from Pianotech as
soon as I send this message.  I'll stay with CAUT for a while longer, and
definitely with PTG-L.

Sincerely, Jim Ellis, RPT