1974 M & H B

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:49:14 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@cox.net>
To: "College and University Technicians" <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: 1974 M & H B

> >     Despite what amounts to a rape of a once wonderful design, there is
> > still something magic in the sound of this instrument.
>
> Then why in the world would it need Wapin bridge pinning?

Based on 5 pianos I've done and 2 others I've  played, I expect Wapin will
reduce the impact noise and increase the sustain in the top end of the
piano.  It is o.k. now, will be excellent with Wapin.

> >     If I do every good thing we can do for a piano, will it be a stable,
> > dependable instrument, or will the problems start just to the other side
> > of where I stop?
> >     I'd appreciate any words of wisdom and experience.
> >         Ed Sutton
>
> If you do every good thing you can do for a piano, there won't BE anything
> past where you stop that will cause problems. It's where you start
> whittling away at the things that should be done as expedience and cost
> cutting concerns that you find out you stopped too soon. Can't have it
both
> ways.
>
> Ron N

I'm not going to replace the soundboard or case, and wonder if anyone has
experienced problems with these
in a BB of this (Aeolian) vintage.  And I can't do anything about the
extended capo/reduced agraffe design.

Ed