Concert Grand Trucks

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:35:18 EST

In a message dated 3/28/03 8:41:05 AM Central Standard Time, atodd@UH.EDU
writes:

> List,
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on the best/easiest way to install
> a 9' grand onto a grand truck? We're buying two for our 'D's in the
> major hall here and I've never had to install one under that large
> a piano. I could hire my movers to do them but if I could do it
> myself (with help, of course) I'd rather not spend the money.
>
> If someone could furnish me with a possible subject line, I'd also
> be more than willing to search for this in the archives. Surely it's
> been discussed in the last several years. :-)
>
> Thanks for the help, either way.
>
> Regards,
> Avery

Avery

I use Susan Grahams' box with the jack. Lift one corner, and take off the
caster, and put the truck under the leg. Before dropping the leg down, put a
piece of 2x4 under the truck. This prevents the whole truck from lifting up.
Go to another leg, and repeat. When you get to the third leg, you won't need
to put the 2x4 under it. Then you go back and raise the other legs a little
to get the 2x4's out. You can either just lift it your self, and push the 2x4
out with your foot, or you can use the box and jack to lift the leg. Saves
the back.

Wim