piano look-see

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:14:56 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/03 3:07:27 PM Central Daylight Time, ryv@twcny.rr.co=
m=20
writes:

> Ok boils and goils..
>=20
> Anywone know of a spiffy checklist for piano accessment?
>=20
> You know...
>=20
> A certain  order to check everything?
>=20
> I usually end up writing a ton of stuff in a hap-hazard way and it's looks=
=20
> silly and even gets ME confused after I've had a gander.
>=20
>=20
> Anyone?
>=20
> :) Michelle
>=20
>=20

Wim,Piano assessment, not regulation.=C2=A0 She wants to know how to assess=20=
a=20
piano, which with your business acumen you should know.=C2=A0 Even though sh=
e wrote the=20
word =E2=80=9Caccessment=E2=80=9D which we all know is easy. All you have to=
 do is open the=20
fallboard and the lid and your there.Paul

OK, Here is how I appraise a piano. (is that the same as assessing?)

C. Step By step procedure using appraisal sheet=20
        1. Find serial number and give age of the piano
        2. Inspect each area carefully=20
            a. Remove action on a grand piano=20
            1. Check hammer, shank and knuckle wear,=20
            2. Condition of wippens and back checks=20
            3. underleaver assembly=20
                4. Look at soundboard and bridges=20
            5. Check the pedals=20
            6. Play it for tuning and tone.=20