performance piano - student psychopathology 101

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:12:53 +0200

Of course the problem with Vodka is that if a teacher comes in at an
unopportune moment...  :):)

Actaully.. I have tried both steaming and spirits... and experience that
the hammers wear down quicker.  I've come round to the point that
needles, used appropriately do the job better then any thing else in
nearly every instance.

Spliting hammers because of needles just tells me the origional comment
on the leading post to this thread was correct... they'd been subjected
to over needling. And I can certainly relate to the problem with
students and (some) faculty Otto gave.

Still... the problem(s) remains... and the best way of dealing with them
IMB is to meet them head on... firmly, patiently, politely...
steadfastly... but no beat'n around the Bush.... y :)

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne