OT (sorry) Re: Michigan State U. Position still open

Mike Hoffman mthoffman@chartermi.net
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 21:30:45 -0400

MessageYes, and this is one of the "economical" plans in our area =
through the Chamber of Commerce (Blue Cross/ Shield).  After returning =
from the Nashville convention, we opened the latest notice inforning us =
of a 22 per cent increase  which is "in line with other providers".  No =
dental or vision coverage included, BTW.  =20

Mike Hoffman, RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 9:19 PM
  Subject: Re: Michigan State U. Position still open

  $1300 a month.   Yikes.   I'm 54 and paying $655 for the 3 of us, 1 =
child.  =20

  David I.

  From: Mike Hoffman <mthoffman@chartermi.net>
  To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>

  Greetings listees from a confirmed lurker,

  I've got to respectfully disagree about the discussion of the low =
salary offer at MSU.  If my health insurance premiums (self-employed, =
two people, no kids) of $1,300 dollars per month were paid by MSU, AND =
they contributed towards my retirement, AND they gave me paid vacations =
AND they paid for professional development seminars AND they provided =
affordable educational opportunities for my wife and me, I would =
consider myself very fortunate, indeed.  The grass is always greener =
somewhere, but I think there is a bigger picture to consider.  Yes, =
piano technicians should have higher incomes; but factor those state =
benefits into the pot and you'll have a different picture. =20

  Mike Hoffman, RPT