Michigan State U. Position still open

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:00:51 -0700

The $ has to come from somewhere...higher taxes in Canada?   The=
 only solution is to take profit out of the Health Care system.  =

David I.

From: Roger Jolly <roger.j@sasktel.net>
To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Michigan State U. Position still open

WOW,
              You guys make a strong argument for our state=
 covered medicare in Canada. Plus our relatively low post=
 secondary education cost.

Regards Roger

At 08:25 PM 8/4/2004, you wrote:

David writes:

<< $1300 a month.   Yikes.   I'm 54 and paying $655 for the 3 of=
 us, 1 child.

       Sheezam!  The three of us, (I'm 53, )are paying $1080 per=
 month, but
there is also a $5,000 deductible/copay for two of us, every=
 year! So,,, if one
of us has an operation, the first $18,000 I make every year is=
 automatically
spent.  If there are two of them, (like the last three years),=
 the first
$22,000 is gone before I see it.   A university position that=
 would take that off
would be more attractive than the "salary" would indicate.
Ed Foote RPT