Verdigris

Becker, Lawrence (beckerlr) BECKERLR@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:17:12 -0400

Tim-

Do you use 86 or 101 proof Wild Turkey?  Enquiring Kentuckians want to know.

Lawrence Becker, RPT
Piano Technician
College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Coates [mailto:tcoates1@sio.midco.net]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 8:40 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: Verdigris

Jim,

I posted this several years ago and got blasted for it. But I will post it
again as it has not failed me in 25 years when freeing verdigris. Wild
Turkey Bourbon. This is not my idea. Fred Drasche talked about using it
while at a seminar in Chicago. I did get private feedback from the more open
minded people on the list who did try it and found it to be just as
affective as I have.

Use a large animal syringe and inject the bourbon on the sides and bird's
eye of the flanges. Move the parts. The action will be tighter. Come back
the next day and your work is finished. The action is free. You can speed
the process with a hair dryer.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota