Ed and Me

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:48:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/12/04 2:00:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
stranges@Oswego.EDU writes:

I  understand that the customer isn't "too" concerned about moola as long as
it's "reasonable".

OK-

That's all folks!!

ANY  direction/suggestions on this is  apprieciated.

:)
Michelle

I worked on one like that, about 20 years ago. If I recall the primary
problem were the jacks. I think you can still buy them from Schaff.

But one way to persuade the customer that repairing this instrument might
not be in her best interest, is to explain that parts are not available, and in
order to make new ones, literally from scratch, will cost (come up with a
figure that will more than compensate you for doing to work, and hopefully
enough to have her think twice about spending it).

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano tuner/technician
School of Music