Ed and Me

michelle stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:15:35 -0400

Hey BIll- Thanx for your reply.

Just saw the dreaded piano action again Saturday and those springs are as
high and dangerous to keep in shape as the Golden Gate Bridge.
(Or insert other scary/high thingy which would need maintenance.)

:(

Yup- we've gotten ourselves in a pickle and now we'll have to do what you
did which is try it ONCE and then never again.

Ed DID replace all of the jacks from the ones that were available from
Schaff (yes, Wim- you're right about those being available..) but that's
all Schaff has.
They still look and feel terrible.

HEH!!

I even found a wicked cheap Kranich and Bach grand on-line from a store in
Montana (I think it was) and asked if they'd sell us just the action.

Nope.
THey got a good hoot out of our story though...

:(

Thanx again.
All feedback helps- even if it's for sympathy reasons.

:)
Michelle

--On Sunday, August 15, 2004 6:46 AM -0400 Bill  Maxim <wmaxim@sc.rr.com>