[CAUT] New Ivory ethical questions

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:51:46 EST

=20
Yes I agree but even so the sets I've had were more than  passable,=20
especially for someone who really want Ivory. Practice makes perfect  as it=20=
is said.=20
One piece can have other problems which are uncommon but some  time they for=
m a=20
split at the joint starting in the 90 degree are.
 I've experienced none of this on Mine or Older Yamaha's but saw one  split=20
in a 30 year old Hamburg C recently. It wasn't very noticeable.
   Dale

The last set I saw of  Yvonne=E2=80=99s was two piece.  Getting  that seam b=
etween=20
head and tail invisible was a true art that the old timers  definitely had=20
worked out.  I=E2=80=99ve  not seen quite as much success in recent attempts=
.  One piece,=20
of course, eliminates that  problem.   =20
=20
David  Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net =20