[CAUT] Student fees

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:32:11 -0700

	One little addendum, in response to posts about rebuilding in preference
to replacement. I certainly agree with the idea of making the scarce
funding stretch as far as possible, but I have to say that I am also in
favor of _buying new pianos_! We are part of a very tiny, fragile industry,
which depends on new instrument sales to survive. Where would we be without
that industry, those manufacturers? So unless that "oldie but goodie" is
really special, why not replace it instead of rebuildng if you have the
budget?
	Just a different perspective to keep in mind.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico