Steinway concert grand casters

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:27:36 -0600

Bob,

please have a look at the "Flugelrollen" offered by Jahn;

www.pianoteile.com

On Denis Brassard's advice, I recently retrofit one of the mini sets (model
22.20.10, I think; dual brass wheels/ 2;locking)) to a seven-foot Heintzman.
Didn't have to shorten the legs, just deepen the recess and shaft-bore.
Rolls like jewelry!

On the D you may want to use the larger wheels, and will have to trim the
legs. However, you will want to trim the "top" of the tapered portion of the
leg (seperating it from it's base, trimming and re-attaching), not the
bottom, elst your piano will end up looking like "Dorf!"

BTW, most of their brass wheels appear to have rubber "tires" available as
an option.

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
BobDavis88@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 12:39 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Steinway concert grand casters

What's the word on the Hamburg-style giant brass double-wheel casters?
Anyone
put them on a NY D? Do they mark a hardwood stage? Do they require
replacement of the legs? How much are they? I'm having trouble asking the
archives the
right question, I guess... I know this has been discussed before.

Also, anybody using the Jansen (I think) pneumatic lift thingy to tow the
piano out on stage? Any comments?

Thanks,
Bob Davis
University of the Pacific