Boston vertical tuning stability?

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:51:34 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for the correction, Wim. It is a 118S.

John

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

]In a message dated 1/15/04 8:55:28 AM Central Standard Time, jminor@uiuc.edu
]writes:
]I recently tuned a Boston vertical model 111 and had a difficult challenge
]in keeping the tuning where I put it. The piano was close to pitch with
]the low tenor being slightly sharp. This section kept creeping sharp even
]after multiple passes. The final pass found most notes in the temperament
]section to be 2 cents sharp. This is my 3rd tuning on this piano in 2
]years and it is only 2 years old.
]
]The home is kept at 57 degrees F during the day and 62 while occupied.
]Could this have a negative effect on the tuning stability.
]
]Anyone else struggle with this Boston model?
]
]John Minor
]University of Illinois
]Are you sure about the model number? The smallest Boston is a 118, which is a
]45" studio.
]
]I have several of those, but they seem to be holding up quite well,
]considering the school environment. Obviously they were flat in the mid tenor when I
]tuned them last week, but they tuned right up. I tune a 118 in a classroom once
]a month, and have no problem with it.
]
]Wim
]Willem Blees, RPT