[CAUT] Thumbtacks!

Victor Belanger vbela@MIT.EDU
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:04:39 -0400

Hello all,

Well I tried the staples around the hammer, and I was not comfortable
that they stay there. I did not have a whole lot of time to fuss
around with. So I went thumbtacks on a Yamaha U3. The hammers were
pretty bright to start with. I could've almost get away with not
putting any tacks in the, but....
I tell you it was difficult to put those in. My hands were pretty
sore after. With a few sufferin' succotashes and other verbal
inuendos.

So the concert happened and it went well. How do I know, no
complaints. Yesterday I took the tacks out and the piano is not a tad
mellower but very acceptable. All I needed to do is file the hammers
lightly to get rid of the marks and the piano is fine.

Just wanted to report the final results. Thanks to all that gave
suggestions. They were all helpful.

Best.

Victor Belanger
MIT