[CAUT] Steinway Institutional Service Recommendations

Blaine Vesely bvesely@kent.edu
Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:36:09 -0500

Stan,
Contact Steinway Technical Services Division and ask for Guidelines
for Institutional Piano Service.  In it, you will find written for
concert pianos the following:

Tuning and Overlook performed before every usage @ 2 hrs/service/piano
Technical overhaul once per year @ 20 hrs/service/piano
Technical Restoration starting between years 3-5 depending on usage
averaging 10 hrs/year/piano

Blaine