[CAUT] Bostons

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:18:11 +0100

Hi Ron

Please expound. I think I have to believe your assessment must be
correct in this instance, but I would be very interested to hear what
exactly you think the problem is. I almost get the feeling that I am
listening to a piano that someone installed some sound baffling into.

Again tho... its not that they dont have a charming voice.  Its just
unusually  subdued for an instrument this side. A bit of a transition
problem from bass to tenor is about the only other point I can make
offhand.

This is an upright btw.  There second try at this basic size.  125 II.

Cheers
RicB

At 7:38 PM +0100 7/12/05, Ric Brekne wrote:
>Thanks for all the replies... some good thoughts all around.  I was
>wondering if anyone had played with hammer mass

The problem with these pianos is soundboard and not hammers, and the
soundboard problem is a design problem. Unfortunately, we service one
of these instruments (GP-178) at Sydney Town Hall on a regular basis.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers