[CAUT] Petrof tuning

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:53:10 +0100

Well... yes.  But in my experience the kind of movement in the piano you
describe usually takes more then a couple days of somewhat lower then
usual RH.  Could be the piano just <<gave in>> to the change.  Still...
24 cents of movement on a stable instrument after two days of  moderate
(?) drop in RH ??.... stranger things have happened but.....  I have to
hang my hat on the doubtfull krage.

Cheers
RicB

Previous tunings (every six months) never varied more than 5-7 cents.
Houses here are central heat/air, and normally really locked down. Most
never open windows.   Could two days in relatively low humidity, with no
heat or air, make that kind of difference?
les