[CAUT] harpsicord tuning instruction

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:34:53 EST

In a message dated 12/12/2005 4:40:58 PM Central Standard Time,
debra_feiger@yahoo.com writes:

I need  to learn how to tune harpsicords on the
accelerated learning path.   Any suggestions?  Thank
you     Debra

Debra

If you have an SAT, just turn it on, and tune the harpsichord without
setting an FAC. For best results, use the 4th octave to tune the first  octave, the
5th octave to tune the 2nd and 3rd octave, and let it step up the  octave from
there on. Tune one string with the SAT, and do the unisons by  ear. If you do
not have a SAT, but another ETD, hopefully someone else will give  you
instructions, but I think the concept will be the same, in that you do  not need to
set a temperament.

Wim