[CAUT] mind bender (for me at least..)

michelle stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:12:03 -0500

WARNING:

This may embarrass me and then I'll get embarrassed.

:o

Tomorrow evening we have a 2 piano (Steinway B's) recital (Bartok) with a
Bach violin sonata (??) complete with harpsichord thrown in there for
SERIOUS fun.

I have been babysitting all the instruments since Friday when they were
moved in there. Everyday they have been tuned.
Heat was on.
It is a **loud**/air circulating heating system and I knew it would be
turned off this week during all rehearsals and especially for the recital
itself.

Long story short- I came in today to do the usual, and one of my pianos and
the harpsichord were noticably SHARP.

This makes no sense to me.

It was cold in there today- more than it had been obviously, since the heat
has been turned off- and I get cold easily too but that's another story..

Anyways-I figured they would go flat being the temperature went down.

Anyone have any idea why I am not thinking this out correctly??

:)
Perplexed in Oswego