[Files] [CAUT] Tool for removing capstans

Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:26:35 -0400

Jim,

It just polishes them. I've never noticed those burrs causing any problems
either by friction or excessive wear on the wippen cushions. Part of me
wants to remove the burrs because it seems like they shouldn't be there but
another part of me says why bother if they aren't hurting anything. Maybe
I've just been lucky though.

Eric

Eric Wolfley, RPT

Supervising Piano Technician