[CAUT] vertical hammers

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:01:16 -0600

The method my dad used and taught is to use the teeth on the inside of a=20
pair of slip-joint pliers to put multiple grooves in the shank. Careful=20
filing of the outer mating surfaces of the pliers will allow you to close=20
them a little more, and get a consistent set of grooves. Crushing the shank=
=20
is a no-no, but sometimes comes in handy if the shank has been overly=20
reduced during prep.

2=A2 worth, U.S.,
Guy