[CAUT] Kawai Regulation

lafargue@bellsouth.net lafargue@bellsouth.net
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:33:22 -0600

The hammer shoulder is hitting the top of the backchecks >when at rest<
(at times, usually on a harder blow on it's way back down).  You can
hear a tapping sound at times.  Key dip is approx 3/8".  If rest rail is
set normally, the back of hammer lower shoulder is allowed to come
further down and hit the top of backcheck and it is actually dragging on
it when key is initially depressed on some notes, particularly in the
low tenor. Sorry Ron, I still can't see how checking height would affect
that.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD
New Orleans Chapter, PTG