[CAUT] Institutional bench purchasing?

wimblees@aol.com wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:54:39 -0500

In a college setting, I don't think there are such a thing as
indistructable benches. No matter who's products you buy, they will
eventually break down.

I've always bought GRK benches, but I'm sure the ones from Jansen &
Sons and Schaff will be just as good. In the 2005 Directory there are 8
suppliers listed. Give each of them a call and ask for the best deal.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music
University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Kline <skline@peak.org>
To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 09:47:37 -0800
Subject: [CAUT] Institutional bench purchasing?

Pardon me if this is old ground.

Linfield College, where I tune, needs some new benches --
maybe 10-20. I'm sure if we search the web all kinds of
bench-sellers will appear - but which of them offer products
which will still be around in five years, even with
maintenance?

If anybody has a good source for sturdy, reasonably
economical plain upright benches, please let me know.

Thanks

Susan Kline
Linfield College
McMinnville, OR

P.S. Reading the posts about adding stringers -- good idea.
Not just sure where I'd get the time for the first one, but
once I'd worked out the details it probably wouldn't take
all that long for the rest.