[CAUT] damp-chaser

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Wed Apr 12 12:49:53 MDT 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 1:30 PM, Loren buntemeyer wrote:

> I have a problem concerning damp-chaser installation.
>
> The fire code in Kansas will not allow two heating rods to be
> plugged into
> the humistat without a ground plug.  Therefore, I can only use one
> heating
> rod.  Has anyone had this problem?  This is enforced in public
> buildings.
>
> Damp-Chaser tells me they have never had this problem.
>
> Loren

Check the archives.  This very issue was discussed on CAUT within the
past 2 or 3 years.  I forget who brought it up, but they had a
similar code problem with using the three-way connector.  I thought I
also remembered Roger chiming in on that discussion but I could be
wrong.

Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina