[CAUT] no comment

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 23 12:52:48 MDT 2006

At 11:00 AM 4/23/2006, Kent Swafford <kswafford at earthlink.net> wrote:
>If the choices are
>
>a) natural vibrato
>b) adds "sparkle" to the unisons
>c) lousy tuner can't tune unisons
>
>which choice do think the customer decided was correct?

Hey, there's I dealer I know in Boston who sold one of those
"sparkling vibrato" affects to a customer under the name "European
Tuning". She insisted on it ever since. She actually complained when
another tuner left her with clean unisons - it sounded "dead" to her.
I was called to "fix" that - she asked me if I knew "European
Tuning". I asked her where she got that from - and she told me the
name of the dealer. Knowing the guy's reputation, on a hunch I fuzzed
up a few unisons - and she said "perfect - just like when I bought
it". I never went back there again...

Israel Stein