[CAUT] Checking

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Thu Dec 28 12:04:41 MST 2006

Regarding the S&S recommended tapered height of backchecks, I think it is
simply to allow closer checking in the treble without needing to move the
backchecks closer to the tails. At least that is my supposition, and dim
recollection from my time at S&S 18 yrs ago.

Attached is a pdf from Bill Spurlock's site on tail arcing. Pretty basic
info here, but clearly written as usual from Bill. He talks about
calculating length of tail from the established backcheck height, but
doesn't discuss backcheck height definitively.

Alan