[CAUT] shop exhaust fan

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 07:01:56 -0800 (PST)

I hope this topic is okay...

I am setting up a piano refinishing room in my shop
and I want to put in an exhaust fan.  How important is
it to use an explosion proof motor?  How do you figure
the necessary fan size, speed, motor horsepower etc.?
Also is it important to locate it at a certain height?

The size of the room would have some bearing on the
airflow needs.  This room will be about 12' by 15'.  I
am planning on making an opening about 2' square on an
inside wall other than the fan's wall that will be
covered with an air cond. filter for air intake
whenever the doors are closed.

Someone can reply off line if you don't want to
discuss this on the list.

Thanks,

Bob Hull