[CAUT] Memorial service for Guy Nichols

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:26:44 EST

Dear Karen,

Although you progbably do not remember me, my husband is Wim, and we've met
Guy and spent time talking with him several times at PTG Conventions.  We were
from St. Louis, and are now from Tuscaloosa, AL.  Wim is active in the PTG, so
most people know him, if not me.  I am active in the Auxiliary, although I am
a piano tuner, too.

We always enjoyed Guy's generosity of mind and understanding spirit, as
others have said.  He was indeed a unique individual.  I know you miss him.  He was
always friendly, sensitive, and never judgmental of others.  He had a great
sense of humor, too.  For those who knew him better, I'm sure there is so much
more that can be said.

It is a shame about his heart, and yet a blessing that he did not suffer.  If
you believe in a life after this one, then I hope it is comforting to think
that Guy is not "gone" forever; just gone from this earthly plane.  It is
highly likely that he is alive and well and flourishing beautifully on another
plane of existence.  And someday you will be reunited.

"What is lovely never dies, but passes into other loveliness."  (Thomas
Bailey Aldrich).

Also, here is a verse I've always treasured, about musicians:

"This world is not conclusion,
A sequel stands beyond,
Invisible, as Music,
But positive, as Sound."