[CAUT] Re: Glenn Gould/Bach Stuff

Richard Adkins RADKINS@coe.edu
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:19:46 -0600

You will hear Vladimir Horowitz' Steinway double strike on his recordings =
occasionally....another piano
w/ shallow dip. I don't recall which recordings of his, I heard this on,
but I do recall hearing on some of them.=20
=20
With a shallow dip, any variation in hammer tail filing, check alignment =
might be very critical. Even if the pianist does really bottom the key, =
there's likely to be all sorts of misses in the tail/check interface that =
is normally taken care of by the deeper dip. (.400" for S&S now, I =
believe.)
=20
Richard