[CAUT] Water/Alcohol on Yamaha Hammers

James Ellis claviers@nxs.net
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:23:38 -0500

Jeff (and List),

I have read the most recent posts re your situation with the Yamaha CFIII,
water/alcohol, the other technician, the faculty, etc.  Your problem is NOT
the piano, the hammers, water, or alcohol; it's the political situation.
One person on this list suggested you send them copies of all these
e-mails.  NO!!My suggestion is that your do NOT do that.  I think that's a
sure way to antagonize them.  If they ask your opinion, tell then, and by
all means tell them what Yamaha recommends.  After all, Yamaha did make the
piano.  But because of the politics, do NOT put yourself in the middle.
That would be a NO-win situation for you.  The best you can do here is to
make sure that it's a NO-lose situation for you.  If they are bound to
screw it up, then let them, but let them do it with the understanding that
you do NOT recommend it.  Beyond that, just stand back.  Your position and
reputation is worth far more than a set of Yamaha hammers.

Sincerely, Jim Ellis