[CAUT] WAPIN Installation

Tim Coates tcoates1 at sio.midco.net
Tue Nov 7 05:20:33 MST 2006

Jim,

  I responded to what I thought was appropriate for me to respond to.  I
saw nowhere that the questions about the testing shown on the website
were directed to me.  It appeared to me my post of November 5 prompted
you to go to the website, but I didn't see the questions were directed
to me.

I did not do the testing.  Michael Wathen did that particular testing
you ask about on the website.  He is the person who should respond.   I
have tried to get him involved in this conversation.  But there are
times he will not continue a conversation if the tone turns
belligerent.

Tim Coates

You wrote:

In his November 4 post, Tim Coates said that my post of the same date
was
interesting, but that I lacked history and information about the
process.
How is that so?  Exactly what is it that I am lacking, Tim?

Pursuant to Tim's post of November 5, I looked up the "Scientific Data"
on
the WAPIN web site.  Six spectrum plots were shown, two each of a
rebuilt
1929 Steinway D with WAPIN bridge, two of an original 1984 D without the
WAPIN, and two of a Kawai concert grand.  A linear and a logarithmic
plot
of the spectrum of note D3 of each piano was shown.  I have some
questions
regarding those plots.