[CAUT] Key Bushing Removal

kpiano kpiano at goldrush.com
Tue Nov 7 22:14:25 MST 2006

Barbara, Tough glue only once!!!! You lucky. I've had five or four which is a high percentage of the # of keys I've done. The timing of the soaking is the hard part. It seems with your method, (heat always helps the glue soften) the bushing of the key you are working on is the one that's ready. I always have to add more soak because it's a hot day and they are drying ahead of me or they aren't loosening up at the rate I'm working.

I'll have to look at the pictures again, is there an optimal distance above the steam port to have the key or does the button sit down on the hole?

Keith