[CAUT] key-easing pliers?

Douglas Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 19 11:07:51 MDT 2007

Anyone tried ultrasuede for bushings? The piano-industry stuff that's
in use now for knuckles and backchecks? VERY consistent.

While I'm on it, do you use leather because it lasts longer? I've
been having pretty good luck with wetting the bushings and spraying
keypins with McLube. Increases the bushing life 5-10 times, I think.
Though I haven't done the obvious experimentation...

Doug Wood