[CAUT] key-easing pliers?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Jul 19 13:34:25 MDT 2007

Doug,

Leather lasts! Some of the leather bushings Vince put in 10 years ago
are still in great condition. With up to 17 hours per day playing on a
piano it wears out cloth bushings in about 2-5 years here, depending
upon use, even when we lube it.

We've tried about every lube available and found that Newton Hunt's (I
miss Newton...)  use of Micro Fine Teflon in the cloth with Protek Pro
lube (Not CLP) on the pins seems to give us the best results. S&S uses
Pro lube as well. Mclube will gum up sometimes (Ask Rick Florence) even
though we used it for years.

Balistol (SP?) is used effectively on leather and "Goose Juice" (Mother
Goose Tools)with balistol used to be available. I don't know if Joe
sells it anymore. However, even with leather the Prolube/Teflon works
well. In other leather parts balistol is the lube of choice.

Jim Busby BYU