[CAUT] Agraffe alignment

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Fri Mar 16 19:28:28 MST 2007

Hi Ron,

Have you tried Paul Revenko Jones' method of agraffe
restoration/shaping? It polishes the holes and makes a better taper
(radius) which doesn't seem to damage as easily. I might take off one
that I did months ago and see if it manifests the same kind of damage as
you expressed. They still have no noise so maybe this "less acute" angle
doesn't fracture as easily. I do this to all agraffes, new or old, and
it seems to minimize the mini glacial thing. (I like that visual)

Regards,
Jim Busby BYU