[CAUT] add capstans to tray?

Thomas Seay t.seay at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 24 06:02:06 MST 2007

>Hi RicB-
>But you said "
>>the reasons for capstans is to
>>         >assure that each hammer lifts at exactly half blow.
>You godda have meant "each damper lifts at exactly half blow", goddant you?
>As long as your in a esplaining mood, I'm still not sure I get it.
>Any chance you could run a step by step, starting with dampers
>installed but without topflange screw tightened?
>David S
>sorry for leaving the original text, but it were relevant

Although it's not clear in the picture RicB sent, if the capstans in
the Yamaha method are in installed towards the front of the
underlever and clear the tray, then they can be used to adjust lift
with the key because they would contact the key end felt and not the
tray. If they are installed as Jon's are, they can only be used to
time damper lift with the tray.

Tom