[CAUT] FW: CAUT Position Announcement (NEC)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Mar 28 08:05:51 MST 2007

> Looked to me like ability to write impressive memos, and to talk like an
> academic bureaucrat, are the main skills they want. And then, Oh yes!,
> they do want you, by the way, to be a top notch concert technician. <G>.
> Actually, if they are serious about what they are writing there, they
> have more or less the right idea about where to go and how to go there,
> even if it _is_ expressed in bureaucrat-talk. If only they have the
> funds to back up the rhetoric (not just salary for the "Director"), they
> might go places.
> Regards,
> Fred Sturm

Like I said, I can't do most of that. No Bachelor's degree, so
I'm demonstrably ineducable and don't speak academes, no three
years' supervisory and management experience in an academic
setting, and few if any detectable political skills, which
takes care of most everything on the list but the piano work.
I also use too many commas, which disqualifies me for the
extensive report and proposal writing.

Looks like I'm stuck here.

<G>
Ron N