[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 16:00:00 MST 2007

In addition to the time factor, I'm still pushing for the education. A college education is important not so much for the actual "knowledge" one gets, but from the discipline of learning: studying, research, time limits for term papers, taking tests, etc., etc.. Although you get some of that in high school, for the most part, the educational experience there is guided by your parents and teachers. But in college you have to do those things on your own. More or less, thinking and doing by the seat of your pants.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of