[CAUT] Piano warranty

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Fri Nov 9 19:19:55 MST 2007

Yes.  One dealer I know gives customers a discount (below  market) if they
use their store tech.  I never referred them  business  - if a dealer competes
with me for tunings, they don't  get any referrals, period.  Stores do silly
things that cost them  referrals and technicians.  Some things include:
demanding a tuning  discount, then not allowing the tech to keep the customer,
demanding a tech give  out 2 -3 tuning discounts before he gets a pay tuning from the
customer  - delivering pianos to customers  un-prepped, one note flat in
pitch,  delivering rental pianos un-prepped, flat in pitch,   substituting a
crated piano for the floor stock the customer bought,   scheduling delivery at 8am
when the movers don't start work till 9am,  badmouthing other techs,
badmouthing the PTG, promising to fix items before  delivery and not doing the work,
ignoring my recommendation a defective  piano should be returned and selling
the piano anyway, trying to sell a  defective piano, knowing it's defective.
The way some dealers treat  customers and techs make me wonder if they care
about referrals.  With  sales a tad slow now, I'll bet some of those dealers
regret losing a referral or  two - and it serves them right.

Bob Maret,  RPT
Piano Technician