[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Nov 11 15:03:53 MST 2007

It seems to me, that the first people in a field, would have to be
self-taught.
They learned by their mistakes.
What they passed on, was don't make the same mistakes, that had already been
made.
Some academics to a very poor job, of imparting their knowledge, and
unfortunately, their pay-scales are determined by the courses they passed,
and not their ability to impart the knowledge successfully.
Some teacher/instructors couldn't teach their way out of a wet paper bag.
But they do have the credentials.
Credentials do NOT the man make.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada