[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Nov 11 15:59:56 MST 2007

I will try and explain what I mean.
I used to instruct communications electronics in the Canadian Navy.
When I was asked a question I couldn't answer in a way the student could
understand. I would research further, from books and other instructors. That
way, I was able to find a way that the student could relate to.
Some instructors would just direct the student to a page or section of the
manual, expecting them to figure it out.
Some instructors knew their subject inside out, but couldn't get the point
across to the student.
The letters after a name, in some cases end up being misleading, as to the
persons abilities.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca