[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Nov 12 08:53:47 MST 2007

    Capability comes from education, which is independent of
    credentials. Those without diplomas aren't necessarily uneducated
    any more than those with diplomas necessarily are. This is *the*
    critical point.

The above (first sentence) is not and never has been in dispute. The
second sentence, while true enough as far as it goes doesnt get into
what is probable. It should be unquestioned that the odds of actually
being educated greatly favour those with a diploma.  As for being the
critical point.... I am not quite sure what planet this kind of thinking
belongs on... but here on earth things are quite a bit less ideal.
Given the basic context of the discussion.. namely how to enhance the
status of piano technicians in University settings,  the critical point
lies in quite a different area me thinks.

Just  how things <<should>> be in anyones mind is totally irrelevant to
the matter. Humans are what they are.  As said in my last.... maintain
the status quo if you like... but accept the whole of it in the doing.

Cheers
RicB