[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 19:53:27 MST 2007

Another question, how many CAUT's work outside of the  university in addition
to their positions?   David Ilvedson,  RPTPacifica, CA 94044

I'm a contract worker - university work is 15% of my  time, and 10% of my
gross income.  I service 40 pianos and 3  harpsichords.  Most of my instruments
are brand new, which means one day a  week covers their needs right now. (that
will quickly  increase).

Has anyone compared CAUT income to that of a full time tuner?   Figure full
time tuner gross income of 80,000 per year, minus auto  expense of 14,000,
minus health insurance expense of 8,000,  minus  advertising expense of 10,000,
minus misc expense of 5,000 equals   43,000.   Full time tuners don't net that
much either, IMHO.  And  don't get me going on store wages/working conditions!

Bob Maret,  RPT
Piano Technician