[CAUT] 1850's Pleyel Grand

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Mon Nov 26 20:02:46 MST 2007

A pretty thing. C'mon ... how much?

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Richard Brekne
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 2:38 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org; caut at ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] 1850's Pleyel Grand

Hi folks.

Just ran into this instrument tonite... couldnt help myself so I bought
it on the spot.  Wont say for how much as I really dont know whether
I've paid too much or got it cheap.  Its functional but will need quite
a bit of work to come up to snuff.  Pin block is more or less shot and I
suppose the old board really has seen far better days. Looks very nice tho.

The thing is from 1850 or so...  serial number 18XXX

http://www.pianostemmer.no/images/Pleyel.jpg

Anyone having any good words of advice for me please be sure to share
them either in public or in private.

Cheers
RicB