[CAUT] hammer line

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Feb 15 14:24:47 MST 2008

Now this is an interesting concept.  How does altering the bore length
to match string height variances move the mass farther out on the arc...
and how does this in turn add up to a more serious problem then the at
least two biggies I can see it corrects ?

Cheers
RicB

    So, if the strike line you set "by-ear" ends up being a little
    crooked, and
    uneven string height is the culprit, why not vary the bore-length?

    A wise and valued supplier who I turn to for pre-hungs when things get
    "bizzy," will not do this for me. His claim being that moving mass
    further
    in/out on the arc will have more detriment than anything I'm trying to
    correct.