[CAUT] Electronic Tuning Preferences

wbis290 at aol.com wbis290 at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 14:13:54 MST 2008

Hi everyone,

The ongoing debate has been great of using an ETD versus aural tuning.
I feel that maybe this should be put to rest. I agee that 99.9% could
not tell which way the piano was tuned. I do feel that  a person should
learn to tune aurally before they start to use an ETD but once that
they have mastered that, who cares if they tune aurally or with an ETD.
I do feel that one should always use there aural skills along with the
ETD. All the artist wants is the piano to sound good. I have had
artists been happy with tunings that I have done both ways. You are
either a good competant tuner or you are not.

Bill Balmer RPT,
University of Findlay and Ohio Northern University